A Wiki is a website which allows users to create and modify its content and add new content and structure by adding new pages. You can use the wiki feature of StudyNet to host a wiki or use an external hosting site such as The underlying ethos of the wiki is that it enables groups of users to collaborate on producing a resource, essentially creating a common pool of knowledge.
Wikis can be used by a students (and staff) who are working on a common project, topic or theme. They are can be used for example to :
- Collaborative project work (staff & students).
- Developing online resources, e.g. a website.
- Creating documents, e.g. reading lists, syllabus, guidelines, and glossaries.
- Preparing journal articles and reports co operatively and collaboratively.
- Editing existing content.
What are Wikis and how can I use them in my teaching
Collection of Wiki Resources
A collection of Wiki resources collated together using the tagging feature of Smart Folders